Friday 19 March 2010

Hack me a ballgown





How amazing are these photographs?! I absolutely have fallen in love with them, they are simply gorgeous. They are actually a bit old, from the February issue of Dazed and Confused. I was reminded of them when I was rummaging around for pictures of the polish model Magdalena Frackowiak for an art direction project I was doing. Non conformist designers Victor & Rolf are the creative genius' behind these extraordinary garments, luxurious ballgowns hacked away at in places creating a wonderfully surreal contrast.
What I particularly admire is their bravery in creating something so bold in this time of financial crisis. 'The fact that there is a crisis is not a reason to stop creating beautiful, extreme things' -Victor & Rolf
Photography by Josh Olins

No comments:

Post a Comment